Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hey I'm: Sydney E.

Hey I'm Sydney, a senior in high school. I am the class treasurer and I sing on the Worship Team. Sports are a major part of my life with volleyball over and tennis starting I am a busy girl. However my true athletic passion is equestrian show jumping. I am blessed to own my own incredible horse. To follow my dreams of becoming an Olympic athlete I will be pursuing Riding and Instruction as a major.

While I am working towards a solid future I am also determined to continue reaching out to Africa. After seeing what needs to be done not doing something to help is not an option to me. Lamentations 2:19 "Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children, who faint from hunger at the head of every street." This continues to inspire me to keep up all efforts to do what I can. What the Mocha Club does is simply amazing and I get to be apart of it!

God is good and gracious and through us we can do his work for those in need. How amazing is that?! That a huge, all-powerful God can use someone as small and insignificant like me to help do His good and perfect will blows my mind! I am letting the Lord lead my life because "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11.
~Sydney E.

1 comment: